Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Seeing The Real World

"I'm having a food craving that I must satisfy," my co-worker Allie messaged me. Coincidentally, I was looking for a way to avoid grading papers. Of course, I felt an obligation as a friend to accompany her to Einstein's (Women can't even go to the bathroom alone, right? Why expect them to get food by themselves?)

We guilty snuck out to the restaurant...And that was when I became a captivity-born animal escaping the zoo. We saw people chatting in business meetings at Einstein's, leisurely standing in the sun and discussing plans. "So this is how the rest of the world lives," I thought. People who don't have to shove food down their throats in a 25 minute time frame and people whose work is flexible. Oh the life of a regular 9-5 job. I almost did not believe it; I just stared and will now take this time to publicly apologize to those who were at the Fort Union Einsteins' at around 10:00 am today. I was just in awe of your flexible schedule - I felt free for a moment through you. Then, we were back at CHS but I did walk out of my "office" at 3:40 into the sun so...can I really complain?

No comments:

Post a Comment