Erik broke up with me Sunday night, saying he felt exactly the same way as my previous boyfriend; I had a seemingly good list of qualities but they would never love me.
When I got home to my bedroom, I felt the storm brewing inside me and knew that I would break down if I didn't do something to distract myself. In desperation I looked at the bookshelf. Although there were nearly 80 books on the shelves I could only see one "Left To Tell," a memoir from a Rwandan holocaust survivor. I read it through the night and woke up in the morning to finish it.
Heavenly Father is a God of tender mercies; this book helped drain the poisonous bitterness and despair from my heart; it turned me to Him, and has helped me trust in His promises. I know the "best is yet to be" thanks to Immaculee's testimony revealed in her memoir.
"the best is yet to be." I couldn't agree more. Tender mercy! I'll have to read that book!
ReplyDelete