Thursday morning started off as a 7 on a scale of 1-10 for greatness. Granted, I was working on schedules, calendars, arranging service projects, creating study skills lessons, and so on. Typically that would qualify as more of a 5 or 6. But, the fact that I was still working from home, able to wake-up whenever I wanted to, and still in leggings, it definitely ranked a 7. However, I wasn't getting paid for the necessary work so maybe that drops it down to a 6.
But then I got a text from my friend Ryan asking about my plans for the day. I had to admit that I was still working from home. Shortly afterward, he called me and invited me to see Wicked, the broadway play. I was lucky enough to be the one he called because it was a matinee showing and he couldn't find anyone else not working during the day. Score. My day just jumped up to a 10. Then, because I was taking his dad's spot, who had a meeting come up, it meant that a mature couple had purchased the tickets, meaning we had incredible seats. Wicked was wickedly good. And a dream of mine came true that afternoon. It would have to be a 20 on a 1-10 scale. #iamgratefulforfriendsandfornosummerjob
No comments:
Post a Comment