Thanks to Ashley Korfel's wedding, the 4th of July, and my birthday all occurring within a week of each other, I just got to spend 10 days in Ohio. It could not have been more perfectly timed. The instant I walked into my room, I felt peace envelope me.
We took full advantage of our time together. Wednesday night I just kissed the littles all night long while playing. Then Thursday I took Olivia on a "date" to Panda Express and Target. Later that night we had a bonfire with pop rockets and smoke bombs...got to prepare in advance for the 4th.
Friday was extremely special: Mom, Dad, Grandma, Aunt Cherie, Uncle Dean and I went to the temple and sealed Uncle Earl to his parents. Grandma stood in for her mother and Dad acted on behalf of Uncle Earl. The Spirit filled the room. All the women needed several tissues to recover from that experience. It was so sacred and beautiful.
Saturday we saw Olivia learn to ride her bike and then I went to Ashley Korfel's bachelorette party and blew glass ornaments.
Sunday we were reunited with Kelsey at Grandma and Grandpa's. The rain didn't ruin our party; we still got games, pizza, and a bonfire in!
Monday we kept our new traditions alive by going to Westerville's parade and then the fireworks at night.
Tuesday was possibly my favorite day: we all went boating together. I got to ski twice; once behind the boat and the second time behind the jet ski. Now I just need to try to slalmon! I was definitely spoiled with extremely thoughtful gifts and cards from all my family. Plus, so many friends reached out to me about my birthday. Why do I forget how blessed I am?
Wednesday, Grandma, Grandpa, Mom and I drove up to Leipsic and Columbus Grove and toured around. I've never seen my grandpa's farm so that was cool to see the land and stumble upon his actual plow and other equipment.
Thursday I just worked and then we took the kids to go see The Secret Life of Pets. First though ,we had to play hide-and-go-seek and it was cute to see how much Channing loved it. He doesn't know how to lie yet though because he kept shouting out "I'm right here," in response to my walking around saying, "I wonder where Channing could be." And then there was the constant giggling...you could hear him two rooms away. Hilarious.
Friday we all went to the outlets and then gave up when we saw how disappointing their sales were. So we went less fancy and hit up Marshalls, which we all love. Then Kelsey turned Mom's house into a salon while I hung out with the littles and ordered food at their "restaurant." Then we went to the temple again and sealed Grandma and Grandpa Davis to their parents. Right when we finished, Dad gave me a hug and I loved the feeling our of family being circled in a hug.
Saturday I basically spent all day at Ashley Korfel's wedding (it was stunning and sacred to remember how important marriage is). But I got to run over to Court's afterward and Kels came too and we all just chatted.
Finally, today we had subs and hung out after church until I had to go to the airport. This past week and a half strengthened my testimony even more of the sealing and priesthood power. How grateful I am that Christ has enabled us to be linked to each other and live together forever. Our church really does provide that ability for families to be eternal...could I want any blessing more?
No comments:
Post a Comment