Sunday, December 1, 2019

How to Not Cheer When Your Team is #1

Yesterday, was The Game. My #1 Ohio State took on Xichigan in our typical Saturday-after-Thanksgiving rivalry.

I feel completely powerless to do that when OSU is playing on TV. The complication was that Lashay was at the house yesterday and because of her undiagnosed disease, we need to speak at more of a whisper-volume. So I tried to shout silently, jump up and down without exclaiming. But in the heat of the moment, words would blow past my lips, rushing to the TV in sharp bursts. Only then would I realize and turn apologetically to Lashay.

What we've learned from this is there's definitely one arena in life where I am a loose cannon, unreserved and unfiltered. That is Ohio State Football. And I make no apologies.

Then, in stark contrast to my fervent competitiveness that was coursing through me, Jodelle and I kept tradition alive with our 2nd Annual David Archuleta Christmas Concert. Which only renewed my drive to find a way to marry him. After getting my fangirl out of my system, I am also deeply grateful for the power of his vocal chords that feel so gentle, tender, and stunning, and the fact that he uses his voice to testify in such a pure way of Christ. Jodelle leaned over multiple times to tell me how she forgets every year about how phenomenal he is but then in concert, she loves it. That makes me so happy internally, in a way that I will never admit to anyone else because I love that we have this space where Jodelle can feel the spirit and we can talk about Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment