Sunday, June 15, 2014

"You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone?"

        As soon as I was released from being Relief Society President, I made a quick escape. The next Sunday, I was gone. I didn't think this was a big deal because 1. Graden had broken up with me and replaced me, 2. there was a new, incredible Relief Society President. Basically, my roles had come to an end.
        My 18-year-old cousin Tanner and I began going to the YSA ward in South Jordan and for several Sundays, I felt devious, like an under-cover agent, because I could leave the chapel without talking to anyone and then leave the Relief Society room right after the closing prayer. After a year of intense responsibility, I felt like I was evading work. This made ME miss my old ward (in conjunction with the random, false doctrine lectures on dating that seemed to be spouted from the pulpit each Sunday in the new ward), but I definitely did not expect the Parley's YSA ward to be thinking about me.
         Last Thursday night, I unsuspectingly walked up to my old house in Sugarhouse, strawberry shortcake in hand for a dessert night with my former roommates. When the door opened, I was showered with confetti. Sitting in the dark were about 20 of my girlfriends from the ward beneath these signs



When Aaron stopped by the party and was one of three guys there, the other two being boyfriends of my friends, he commented on the overabundance of girls and lack of guys - obviously you can tell who I spent my time with in the ward. Just fulfilling my calling. 

There is nothing I love more than quality conversations with my friends, which I got to have. The whole night I was shocked that they would have been willing to do this for me. Katy planned it all because she said that there were so many people in the ward who felt like they hadn't gotten to say goodbye to me. I am touched that they would think to do this and show me how much they love me.

 #blessed 

1 comment:

  1. Britney, that is so amazing but not at all surprising!! Not many people have that kind of impact. It's a testimony to the person you are. You serve with your whole heart, might, and mind. You truly are the best! P.s. I feel like it's super annoying that I comment on everything but I can't stop myself.

    ReplyDelete