Several times this week, as I was ending my scripture study, I would close my scriptures and just keep them close to me for a few minutes. For some reason this week, I felt unusually grateful for the scriptures. As I thought about them, while holding them close to my heart, I realized how much I love them, how much I love the truth that fills the pages, how much I love the opportunity to be guided by an incomprehensibly compassionate Father. This week I have been grateful for the gift of scripture.I've also been reminded how grateful I am for sacred friendships. Both Hillary and Ashley got back this week after being out of the country for about a month and I treasured finally talking with them. I am buoyed up by them and a better woman because of their examples. I also went out to dinner with Annie Henrie on Wednesday and Aubri Root on Thursday. I love these women; I revere them and am inspired by them. Their friendship brings a deep joy to my life.
Then, last night, I went bowling with Allie Schneider, Liz Moffit, and Sarah Crowther. Sarah was my first counselor and I love to see how bonded we are now. We had truly missed each other this past week and it felt rejuvenating to be together again, just having fun.
Another special moment was that Erik, a new friend, took flowers to my high school friend Mahvish, whom I have been friends with for over twelve years. We are members of different religions but so close. I got to talk to her Monday night, after she got home from meeting up with Erik, and it was such a beautiful conversation. We strengthen each other; we help each other see the positive in life and stay optimistic.
One woman who has been a true angel in my life is Lisa Michelle Schader. I can't even begin to list all the selfless ways she has helped me over the years but this week it was one text conversation and two phone calls. She can readily joke with me about my dating life in humorous supportive ways. We've planned my wedding; now I just need to inform the 'lucky man.' It's all a joke but she helps bring a levity to an otherwise depressing topic. Then, she called last night and left me the most inspiring message. I am grateful that she sees more good in me than there really is because it inspires me to be better. She is truly Christ-like and an angel in my life. She is evidence to me that God is aware of me and gives us tender mercies.
The temple is another special gift. Yesterday I was going crazy from studying all this week and realized that I needed to get to the temple. My prayers are not instantly answered when I leave, but I come out with newfound peace and love. I love that House of God and I love that He is there. I love the celestial room, the ability to be close to God with our family and friends.
Heavenly Father blesses us with countless evidences of His love for me and this week I am grateful to Him for the scriptures, the temple and friends, all of which I will treasure for eternity. Sometimes I easily get discouraged, but then on days like today, I think about all I am grateful for and realize that I have every reason to rejoice.
No comments:
Post a Comment