Today I was released from being the Parley's YSA Relief Society President. As I drove away from church with silent tears streaming down my cheeks, my whole body was filled with gratitude. I am inexpressibly grateful to Heavenly Father for this calling the past year.
I am grateful that I learned about prioritizing Christ and bold, courageous leadership from Sarah Crowther, that I learned about how friendships facilitate genuine love and testimony from Audrey Blake, that I learned about diligence, selfless service, and sacrifice from Jenna Hansen, and that I learned about pure, noble desires and patience from Allison Wilford. And that on top of this, I developed a deep, binding love for these women. We forever will have a sincere interest in each other's lives. For a year, we cried, laughed, and served together. We are sisters in heart now.
I am grateful to learn from Sister Thornton, our Stake Relief Society President, about the value of warm hugs and what it looks like to discern individual's needs and respond as directed by the Spirit, always acting on promptings. I have felt so known and loved by her. She took time for me personally, despite her busy schedule. I also love how much she was in the scriptures; I felt truth and guidance from her because she was a "sister scriptorian."
I am grateful I was coached by Bishop Goates about being led by the Spirit, about how to model and teach and inspire. I am grateful for his example of acting as Christ would act and applying business principles to help us improve our leadership.
I am grateful for the soul-stretching experience of learning to love all sisters and devote my time to them. I am grateful that each Sunday, and most days throughout the week, I had to go talk to someone new. I got outside my comfort zone and focused on others first. I am grateful for the prayers I uttered for the sisters that bound me to Christ even more.
I am grateful for the increased spirit of discernment that was always with me.
I am grateful Heavenly Father loved me enough to grow me in this calling and that He aided me every step of the way. It has grown my testimony. I know Him. I know my Savior and I know He has an intimate interest in our lives. I know now how compassionate He is and that He is invested and involved.
I thank Him for this beautiful experience that has changed me for good.
No comments:
Post a Comment