Up until last year, I was still sleeping in a $50 twin bed, in a room with no curtains, and with a total number of possessions that could fit into my compact car. That was at the age of 27. Finally, I decided to purchase a bedroom set. After that, the desire to nest took over. I now find myself wanting to spend money on home decor, which is a new phenomenon for me. But my official welcome into adulthood was never quite possible on my teacher salary.
And then my grandparents surprised us and generously gave each grandchild $1,000 for Christmas. I can never complain about finances because they have spoiled me. For several days I debated how to spend the money, trying to convince myself that the best and only decision was to put the money in a saving account. While that probably would have been the wisest decision, I happened to look at my 'wish list' on my phone and decided to use the money to help myself become an adult and purchase 'necessities' that I will not be able to afford in the future.
Introducing my future happiness as an official adult...
| A 3-man tent because it's my dream that my family becomes a camping family. |
| A Bosch mixer since I do not cook but want to be able to provide healthy meals for my family and am hoping this will force me to do it. |
| A Chromebook since my other computer was practically dead and made doing anything at least an hour project.
Yet to come...
A backpack to carry my family down to Havasupai.
Life is good.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment